Embed Information Using Adobe Acrobat
LetterStream requires that all information (fonts, images, and electronic signatures) must be embedded on all PDF files that are uploaded. If there is any information that is not embedded it can lead to important information being stripped from your document.
The proofs that LetterStream provides for your mailings show exactly what we are going to print and mail out, so if there is anything contained within your documents that can't be printed, the proofs will show that. Please review your proofs carefully to make sure all information is included.
In order to make sure there is no un-embedded information within your PDF document, you can follow these steps:
- Open the document in Adobe Acrobat
- Select File - Print
- Under Printer Name select the Adobe PDF
- Click 'Properties'
- Select the tab 'Adobe PDF Settings'
- Click the 'Edit' button that belongs to the Default Settings.
- Click 'Fonts' in the left menu
- Click the 'Embed all fonts' option at the top, then make sure the fonts you need to embed are on the Font Source list, and not on the Never Embed list. If your font is not on the Font Source list, try to get the font file from another computer/internet then copy it to C:\Windows\Fonts
- Print out your new PDF file. It should have all the fonts embedded.